Grave of Fr. James Fitzgibbon
Grave of Fr. Fitzgibbon situated next to the baptism font on the north side of the Cathedral. Fr. Fitzgibbon who sacrificed his life attending to his parishioners who were stricken during the dreadful cholera epidemic of 1837. Twenty-five years later when the old church was being demolished, his coffin and remains were found to be intact and it was removed and interred in the Cathedral.