- May 13, 2020
RE-OPENING OF CATHEDRAL
The Cathedral will be Re-Opening on May 18th. As you know, the Government has indicated May 18th as the next date of the lifting of restrictions. The re-opening of the Cathedral is just for private visits.
There will be No Organised Prayer moments while the Cathedral is open.
- It is not enough simply to re-open the cathedral. We will continue to take steps in promoting good public health safeguards. The Cathedral will be open Monday to Saturday between 11 am and 2 pm.
- Hand Sanitisers will be available in appropriate locations in the Cathedral.
- Entrance and Exit: The doors will be designated as entrance and exit.
- Signage: There will be signs to remind people of social distancing, hand hygiene, minimum touching of surfaces etc..
- Cleaning: Measures will be put in place to ensure that surfaces are cleaned each day.
- Designated Area It is important that you do not go beyond the roped off area.
It is important we follow these instructions if the Cathedral is to be kept open.
Masses will continue for now to be celebrated behind closed doors.
The Government has indicated July 20th as the date when small public celebrations may begin.
We are grateful that we can take this first step in re-opening the Cathedral. It has been a painful time for people not to be able to visit and say a prayer, so this is good news.
Let us remember one another in prayer.Read more
- May 10, 2020
Story from Our Community:
I wonder what we will be like after this pandemic? But I really don't want to get “back to normal.” I hope that in facing my fear and anger and learning the new rules of social behaviors, there will arise within me a more willing spirit to [embrace] “us” rather than “me.” –E. EachusRead more
- May 03, 2020
This Sunday, 3 May, is Vocations or Good Shepherd Sunday, the dedicated annual day for Catholics around the world to offer special prayers to encourage vocations from families and parishes to the priesthood and to religious life. The Holy Father asks us to find courage to say ‘yes’ to God. We pray that all who are being called to the religious life will have that courage to say ‘yes’ to God`s call!”Read more